Opencockpits hard- & software
Opencockpits is a group of Spanish developers of hard- and software for building a flight simulator.
One of the things I like about Opencockpits is that you can buy interface systems (IOCards) and flight modules already build and tested for low prices.
- 2 USB expansion cards, one for my Overhead/MIP and one for my Pedestal.
- 6 Master Cards, four connected to the USB exp card in my MIP/Overhead and two connected to the USB expansion card in my Pedestal.
- 1 USB Keys card (for the FMC),
- 1 USB outputs card,
- 7 DisplayII cards,
- several 3 and 5 digits pcbs
- several In- and Output Connection boxes for easy wiring.
A Master Card controls up to 45 outputs for led's and 72 inputs for buttons, switches and rotary encoders. A great facility is the possibility to connect gray type rotary encoders directly to the Master Card.
Four DisplayII cards can be connected to a Master Card, each controlling up to 16 7-segment Displays (digits).
But more important, because it is the software that makes the difference (!), it comes with a very good, powerful (and free!) software system called SIOC.